Associate Dean, Undergraduate
BA (Double Honours)
- S2021 - SOWK 602 - Research and Philosophy in Advanced Social Work Practice
- F2021 - SOWK 355 - Research in Context
- W2022 - SOWK 610.5 - Advanced Topics in Clinical Social Work I (Theory&CommunityHealthPractice)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Indigenous Peoples
- Infant, Children and Adolescents
- Immigrant, Refugee, Ethno-Cultural, and Racialized Groups
Federal Indian education policy, industrial and residential schools in Canada, federal reconciliation strategies, federal Indian treaties in Canada, refugee and immigration policy.
His teaching interests include the history of federal Indian education policy and the development of industrial and residential schools in Canada. His most recent research has examined federal policy following the Second World War, child care standards of the day, the role of social work in the residential school system in Canada, and current reconciliation efforts. In addition, he has examined current issues in refugee and immigrant settlement in Canada, and taught critical perspectives in mental health.
1997-2001: Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research Scholarship; University of Alberta
1989: W.L. Morton Gold Medal; University of Manitoba
1989: M.A. Thesis passed with Distinction; University of Manitoba