The intent is to provide your supervisory committee with a solid overview of your area of focus to create penetrating and generative FoS examination questions.
Your portfolio will include:
- a list of the coursework you completed
- papers written or other scholarly products created for these courses
- conference or workshop presentations, publications created during your program
- approved thesis proposal
- brief statement of academic priorities and goals, and
- a preliminary reading list
3 months before
Get your research proposal and portfolio approved. You must obtain approval 3 months before your FoS exam.
6 weeks before
Your external examiner must be approved by FGS, and your exam details must be submitted to Student Services to process and submit for approval.
5 weeks before
You will receive the written FoS questions. You have 3 weeks to write your written exam papers.
2 weeks before
You must submit your written FoS exam papers to Student Services. They will distribute these to your examination committee for evaluation that same day.