yes post it

"I have an Alberta Social Work Diploma"

This entry route is for you if you've:

  1. completed a social work diploma at one of the Alberta institutions UCalgary has a transfer agreement with,
  2. completed at least 24 units (usually 8 courses) of university transferable non-social work courses (normally as part of your diploma), and
  3. a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.

All coursework, except for practicum, must be completed by the end of the Winter term (end of April) prior to admission.

You'll also need to meet the following requirements:

  • Admissibility to the University of Calgary
  • English Language Arts 30-1 (high school) or an acceptable equivalent
  • Proficiency in English language


  • Bow Valley College
  • Keyano College
  • MacEwan University
  • Maskwacis Cultural College
  • Medicine Hat College
  • Mount Royal University
  • NorQuest College
  • Northern Lakes College
  • Portage College
  • Red Deer Polytechnic
  • University Blue Quills
  • Yellowhead Tribal College.

"I have a social work diploma from outside Alberta."

You'll apply as a University Transfer student.

Find out more

One degree, two flexible delivery options


Learn more


Learn more