Destiny One FAQ's
Social Work Professional Development continuously works to provide you with the highest quality service. To support this, we are moving to a new, more robust registration tool, Destiny One, on June 24, 2019. This new tool will provide you with a Destiny One account that allows you to view your Social Work Professional Development details, including currently registered course; previous courses and course schedule.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Your UCID number is your unique University of Calgary Identification Number and is used within Destiny One as your User Name. When registering with Destiny One for the first time, you will be assigned a temporary User Name which will allow you to complete your transaction. This temporary UCID will begin with an X followed by 5 numbers and can be used until you receive your University of Calgary identification (UCID). You will receive a University of Calgary identification (UCID) number within two (2) business days of your initial setup (If you are a student, staff, faculty or alumni this may, but not necessarily, correspond with your current University of Calgary ID).
If you are a UCalgary student, faculty or staff member, or an alum, please register for a Destiny One account following the same steps as outlined above.
When creating a Destiny One account, we will try to match up your Destiny One UCID to the one that you are using in other systems. If you have been assigned a UCID in Destiny One that is different from your current UCID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your account.
Your Destiny One password is different from other University of Calgary systems. You will be prompted to create an account and password the first time you register for a Social Work Professional Development course using Destiny One.
University of Calgary Password Guidelines
- 8 characters long
- Contains a lower case letter
- Contains a upper case letter
- Contains a digit
- Contains a special character
- Does not contain " ' - $ / \ ` or space
- Cannot contain your user name, first name or last name
D2L Courses refer to the online courses. If the UCID used to setup your D2L course is the same as your Destiny One UCID, you will be able to access your D2L courses through your https://d2l.ucalgary.ca or your Social Work Professional Development. If you had a D2L Social Work user account that is firstname.lastname.sw (i.e. kim.smith.sw), this account will no longer be used for the 2020 registrations. Access to D2L can be simply access from your Social Work Professional Development Destiny One account without an additional sign-on.
The Destiny One tool is used in multiple areas within the University of Calgary for Professional development learners; these include Taylor Institute, Haskayne Executive Education, CME&PD, Continuing Education and Conference and Event Services. Your account would provide you a view into any course or events you have registered through Destiny One within the University of Calgary.
To have your UCID or “X” ID number emailed to you:
- Either during course registration or within the Social Work Professional Development Destiny One Login Page, click “Forgot UCID”
- You will be prompted to enter in the email address with which you originally registered
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with your UCID. If you have not yet been assigned a UCID, it will be your “X” User Name. This email will be sent to the address you entered during initial account creation
To reset your password:
- Either during course registration or within the Social Work Professional Development Login Page, click on “Forgot Password”
- You will be prompted to enter in your UCID
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your temporary password, this email will be sent to the address you entered during initial account creation.
You will only need to create an account the first time you register for a Social Work Professional Development courses. Once you have created an account, you can use the same UCID (user name) and password to register for subsequent Social Work Professional Development courses.