FSW Annual Research Symposium
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Decolonization in Research and Practice
Virtual Poster Session - Poster Session Breakout Rooms
Wednesday, March 9, 2022 | 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Poster Session Breakout Room 1
12:15 p.m. - 12:35 p.m.
- Evaluating Organizational Cultural Competence through Participatory Action: Dr. Heather Boynton & Sarah McGreer
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Community-Oriented Girls' Education Program in Pakistan: Community-Based Participatory Research: Cara Au, Marie-Eve Lamothe-Gascon, Dr. Aamir Jamal & Dr. Liza Lorenzetti
- Maddening our Epistemology: Reimagining Ideas of Help and Care through Mad Wisdom: Maimuna S. Khan & Erin Leveque
Poster Session Breakout Room 2
12:35 p.m. - 12:55 p.m.
- Amplifying Youth Voices in Social Work Research: Reflections from the “READY2Exit” Study: Brooke Allemang, Keighley Schofield & Karina Pintson
- Integrating the Voices of Youth in Clinical Training Approaches for Childhood Experiences of Intimate Partner Violence (CEIPV): Youth Co-Researchers, Olivia Cullen, Laura Shiels & Dr. Angelique Jenney
- The Experiences of Somali Immigrant Mothers of Children with Autism: Dr. Mary Fiakpui
Poster Session Breakout Room 3
12:55 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Experiences of Muslim Female Students in the Social Work Programs in Western Canada: Saleema Salim & Dr. Christine Walsh
- Orientation Points: Confronting the Effects of White Femininity in Community-Based Social Work Practice: Jill Hoselton & Dr. Christine A. Walsh
- Using Collaborative Critical Autoethnography to Decolonize through ‘Seeing’ and Doing: Social Work, Community Engagement, and Ethical Practice: Dr. Trish Van Katwyk & Catherine Guzik