Professor Emeritus of Social Work
University of British Columbia
University of Victoria
Not currently teaching any courses.
Research and teaching
- Badry, D. (PI)., & Pelech, W. (Co-PI). FAS Practice Standards Evaluation. (Southwest Child and Family Services; 2003-2005).
- Bastien, B. (PI). & Pelech, W. (Co-PI). Intergenerational Trauma of First Nation Peoples. (Canadian Institutes of Health Research; 2004-2006).
- Calhoun, A. (Co-PI). & Pelech, W. (Co-PI). An Investigation of the Impacts and Participant Experiences of Calgary Community Conferencing. (Alberta Law Foundation; 2001-2006).
- Pelech, W. (PI). & Barlow, C. (Co-I). BSW Access Workplace Practica Evaluation. (URGC Research Grant; 2004-2005).
- Pelech, W. (Co-PI). Cultural Competencies for Best Practices for Trauma and Violence in First Nation Communities. (SSHRC; 2005-2006).
- Pelech, W. (PI). Developing the Virtual Access Site. (University of Calgary Inquiry-Based Learning Project; 2004-2005).
- Pelech, W. (Co-I). Alberta Leadership Forum. (Health Canada; 2004-2006).
Northern and Aboriginal social work, community development, curriculum design, group work, group psychotherapy, group leadership, FASD and child welfare, social policy, ethics and values, intergenerational trauma and first nations people, field education, spirituality, diversity and change, and indigenous social work education and practice.